now browsing by tag
I finally decided to repair my original axle, which was suffering from a severe case of bracket rot. I have got another axle donated by dead scimitar which I intend rebuild in the future, but i decided fixing the existing one would be a quicker way to get the car fit for the road.
Trailing arm axle brackets seem to be a bit of a rust trap on Scimitars and quite a few seem to require replacement. Both QRG and Graham walker sell them but they are not cheap as there is a reasonable amount of fabrication involved in their construction.
Thanks go to Dave who pretty much did all the work shown in this post.
Old Crusty Bracket:
Size difference between the qrg replacment and the old one.
Removing the old one:
Qrg Brackets cut to fit:
Axle after a coat of zinc rich paint,
I’ve gone for a different drain hole in the hope it will drain better this time and help prevent future corrosion.
The axle is back on the car with new shocks,
Finally a random photo showing the Fuse box back in place and loom all reconnected.