Paintwork

now browsing by tag

 
 

Interior Fitting & Bumpers, Badges and Glass

I’ve recently got back form the Isle of wight where I’ve been assisting Dave fitting out the Rebels interior… I thought this was going to be a fairly nice job but the dire weather left the tent where we were working half full water. It made it interesting trying to keep things clean and dry!

Outside the bumpers and badges have been fitted and the boot trial fitted (still needs work on the hinges to get it quite right and the rubber gaskets need trimming to get a better fit. The windows have also gone back and are now just waiting for some new chrome infill to finish them off.

Inside the Insulation, carpet and vynide have been fitted as has the vinyl covering for the roll bar and a new headlining has been made.

Pictures:

Some better post spray job photos now with bumpers and badges on:

The boot, The seal will need changing for a different type as this one is a bad fit when its closed

The locking filler neck, still needs a pipe sorting to connect it to the tank though!

New British made Chrome hinges and New old stock badge. The taillights desperately need replacing the chrome is poor and a couple of the lenses have small cracks. Ideally we are looking for some that are new old stock or very good used.

The following pictures show the Jute underlay being cut and fitted, we’ve used more of this than Reliant did so hope for a reduction in road and engine noise. The underlay was fixed into place with High temperature contact adhesive

Rear seat armrests were sanded town to give a surface as smooth as possible to fit the vynide to, its very thin so imperfections show up really easily.

Footwell carpets in, gearbox tunnel carpet being trial fitted,

First vynide bits in.

Gearbox tunnel carpet fitted,

The headlining and rollbar cover, This is our first attempt at making a headlining from scratch its not bad but has some small rucks at the ends which could be improved on in future. The general affect with the rollbar seems so work it ties in well enough to look like its standard fit.

B Pillar vynide / vinyll join

For the c-pillar and a-pillar trims we recovered the original aluminium

The Rebel shortly before leaving to catch a 2:30 am ferry…

The next stage will be another hit to get the doors built up and fitted ( they are currently waiting for the hinges and frames to be grit blasted and then sprayed.) Then the over carpets need edging and the seats need new covers made. There are lots of other odd jobs to tackle like the dashboard, door cards, etc

Rebel in paint!

Sorry only one phone photo for the moment… but its now red again!

Rebel in Primer

Dave’s been prepping the Rebel for paint, working around his other commitments its taken 2 weeks of repetitive work: Priming with a roller, flatting back. priming again, filling, sanding off, swearing, spray priming, flatting back with wet and dry…. but as of today the rebel has now had the final flat off with 800 wet and dry and is now awaiting top coat!

Sorry I’ve only got one crap phone pic but I thought I’d share It anyway.

Replacing the Side panels – Now Fitted

The van now has side panels!  :)

We spent the last 2 days putting the panels in and giving a rough coat of paint generally very pleased with the result, the fine fettling on the paintwork will be done in the future when the whole van will be repainted.

In other news the van is now tax exempt which took a while to sort the paperwork out with the dvla.